Sign in to follow this  
nbenson

Segmented sections

nbenson

I'd like to implement a more segmented look on my site that would resemble this site: http://musiccitybooking.com/ Would this be manipulation of changing layers of color in the Platform design control settings or legit coding? If the latter how would I approach it? Thanks! Nb

kastelic

I would use CSS to set #page, #site or #page-canvas (depending on your layout) to background:transparent and then you can add background colors to the individual elements.

nbenson

I don't know much a ton about CSS, but I'll look into it. Least I have a starting point. Thanks!

nbenson

Okay, so I started a test site to try and workout the code to separate all three sections - post content, sidebar 1 and sidebar 2 but I can't seem to work it out. Can anyone assist me with the code? my test site is - natebenson.com/syracuseshows trying to emulate this - http://musiccitybooking.com/

nbenson

Tried more code today and it was just a disaster. Any ideas?

Rob

That appears to be little more than padding around each post.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nbenson

Indeed it does. Looking to segment everything like the example site.

nbenson

Where in the code would I change the CSS of the individual elements?

catrina

Please add the following CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS and change the background colors by using hex codes (many can be found here: http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm):

#mainpage #content #post {background-color: #POSTCONTENTBACKGROUND;}
	#mainpage #sidebar_right ul {background-color: #RIGHTSIDEBARBACKGROUND;}
	#mainpage #sidebar_left ul li {background-color: #LEFTSIDEBARBACKGROUND;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nbenson

Hmmm, sorry Catrina, still nothing. Copy and pasted exactly and inserted #303030 to test.

catrina

Do you want to change the background color for the boxes in your sidebars? Also, can you try this CSS and see if it changes the background for the post content?:

#mainpage #content div.post {background-color: #POSTCONTENTBACKGROUND;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nbenson

Still nothing. Do you want an admin into the site to look. I'm at a loss. This is why I'm a photographer for a living : )

nbenson

body{} #page-canvas{margin-top:150px;} .fixed_width #page{ -moz-box-shadow:0 0 45px 0px #636363; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 45px 0px #636363; box-shadow:0 00px 45px #636363} .fixed_width #page,.fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas { width: 1020px;!important; } #nav_row, .center { float:left; width:100%!important; overflow:hidden; position:relative; } #nav_row ul, .center ul { clear:left; float:left; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0; position:relative; left:50%; text-align:center; width:auto!important; } #nav_row ul li, .center ul li { display:block; float:left; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0; position:relative; right:50%; } #mainpage #content #post {background-color: #303030;} #mainpage #sidebar_right ul {background-color: #303030;} #mainpage #sidebar_left ul li {background-color: #303030;} #mainpage #content div.post {background-color: #303030;}

nbenson
Hey folks, I'm still looking for some assistance on this. I attached all the custom code I have installed on my site. If any of the pageline pros want a login to the site I could get them one. Thanks!