Sign in to follow this  
sterlingpr

Every Sidebar Widget, Rather Than Just the Tertiary Sidebar Widget, Appears on Main Blog Page

sterlingpr

On every page other than the main blog page of my site, the "PageLines Section Control" allows me to select the sidebar widgets I want to appear. While attempting to edit the blog page itself, however, this appears: "Note: Individual page settings do not work on the blog page (use the settings panel)." However, in the WordPress "Settings Panel" there doesn't seem to be any place for editing the main blog page. In the two relevant pages in PlatformPro Settings/Template Setup/Select Template Area -- namely, "Post Pages" and "Post Page Content Area" -- I don't see any way to affect which sidebar widgets appear. The only sidebar I want to appear is the "Tertiary Sidebar" (if that matters). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kate

If you go to Settings->Template Setup->Posts Page, you can select from the column in the right which sidebar you want to appear. If you want to hide part of a sidebar on a particular page, then the easiest approach is to hide it with CSS.

sterlingpr

Hi, Kate. The only sidebars available in the right column at PlatformPro Settings -> Template Setup -> Post Pages are "Universal Sidebar," "Full Width Sidebar," and "MoreFoot Sidebars (3-Coulmn)." None of the others -- the ones I really need to manage -- are listed. (If it matters, I'm using the latest versions of PlatformPro, WordPress, and Safari.

kastelic

Drag the tertiary sidebar into the Sidebar1 template.

sterlingpr

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, your instructions create a new problem for me. As directed, I dragged the Tertiary Sidebar to "Displayed Sidebar 1 Sections." The blog then displayed EVERY sidebar, including the one I wanted. It appears the only way to have the Tertiary Sidebar ??” and only the Tertiary Sidebar ??” displayed with the blog is to drag it and nothing else into "Displayed Sidebar 1 Sections." If I do that, I no longer have the option of showing any other sidebars on any other pages. Those other pages, such as the Home page, actually have the ability to hide or show (in PageLines Section Control) whatever sidebars I've made available in "Displayed Sidebar 1 Sections." Only now I can't show the sidebars I want. Basically, I want the Tertiary Sidebar to appear on the blog and other sidebars to appear on other pages as necessary.

kastelic

Go back to your Template Setup page, and click Advanced Setup under the sidebar sections. You can check "hide on posts pages' or "hide by default" If you check "hide by default" then on any page you do want to show it, you can check "show tertiary sidebar" in that page's meta options.