Sign in to follow this  
sfurber5

Site Elements Colors

sfurber5

Hi there, I am having a helluva time trying to change the colors for my site elements. I've changed the colors several times for nav bar and see no difference on preview. I don't find the tutorial for 'design elements' to be clear at all. The difference between Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary element controls is very confusing. Can someone break this down in plain English? There are like 5 options for each level- how can I tell what is being modified? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kate

So you're making changes in design control and not seeing the changes where you expect? There are some explanations beneath each option, as well as to the right, describing what they are. If you have a link, and perhaps what it is you're trying to accomplish, we can help you from there...

sfurber5

Thanks for the reply, Kate! The link is here: http://www.lightninglax.com/site/llax/ I am trying to change the headers and backgrounds for both sidebars and navigation bar. honestly, the explanations to the right of each section are not clear. also, the NextGen gallery was working fine on homepage and it stopped working. any ideas on how to solve that?

catrina

Please add the following CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS:

ul#list_sidebar_primary h3.widget-title {color: #COLOR; background-color: #COLOR;}
	ul#menu-nav li.page_item {color: #COLOR; background-color: #COLOR}}

ul#list_sidebar_primary h3.widget-title = Changes colors for the sidebar widget titles/headers ul#menu-nav li.page_item = Changes colors for the menu item links and backgrounds for the menu items Have you made any changes to the site since before the gallery stopped working? Perhaps activate any plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sfurber5

Thanks Catrina! I will enter the custom code now and try to deactivate/reactivate the plugin.