Sign in to follow this  
verve315

HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS

verve315

Hi Platform Pro Team, This forum is a big help to novice like me. I hope you won't get tired of addressing my questions for I have another one. Q: Is there a specific way to achieve the following in this inspiration website? http://www.hyperquake.com/ 1. In the nav, a button/bullet appears when the mouse is hovered into it (e.g.work, agency) 2. In the specific page say work, a sidebar containing links of pages within that parent page(i hope I'm using the right terms here). 3. Retaining the color of the menu when click indicating that the user is on that page (please see my site: http://elogicway.com/verve/sample-page/ (And I want to achieve the nav of my inspiration website) Thank you so much. Big hug!

kastelic

1. This will give it a background image when you hover over it.

.main_nav li a:hover {background: url(A-TRANSPARENT-PNG-IMAGE) no-repeat 5px 5px;}

2. Get the plugin Widget-Logic, and then create a new Menu Widget at drag it to your sidebar. Then use widget-logic to specify which page it should appear on. 3.
.current-menu-item a {color:red !important}

verve315

Hi kastelic, Thank you for your speedy reply. Your code works! I have two questions though if you could still extend help: 1. how will I position the button to move few pixels near the text being hovered becuase right now the button sits a bit far from the hovered text. 2. what specific code shall I use so that the button will stay beside the text while the page is on display? http://elogicway.com/verve/sample-page/ Thank you kastelic. You are big help for novice like me who wants to learn more and achieve great result. Kudos to you.

verve315

Hi jane_I, Thank you for sharing that info..Big hug!

verve315

Hi kastelic, Additional question: How do I maintain the transparency of the main nav while having a black background for the drop down nav?

catrina

Please add the following code to your custom CSS:

#nav_row ul#menu-main-nav li#menu-item {background: none;}
	a.sf-with-ul {background-color: #000;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

verve315

Additional question answered. Forum is really helpful!!!

verve315

Thanks Catrina. I added this code to yours: #primary-nav ul.sf-menu ul li a{background:black !important} and that did the trick. You guys are really helpful!!!Big hug.