Sign in to follow this  
ricksmithworking

Instructions for bbpress integration?

ricksmithworking

Hello, I am attempting to make the bbpress forum I installed take on the look and feel and header / footer of the PageLines PlatformPro theme. I attempted to follow the instructions found here but didn't see how to finish up with tying the forums into the overall PlatformPro theme and design (as is displayed on this forum here). Here is the main site using PlatformPro (still in development): http://www.shakerhistoricalsociety.org/ Here is the site's installed bbpress forum: http://www.shakerhistoricalsociety.org/forum What I am trying to do is make the forum look like it's part of the site. How do I do this? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Rick Smith

bonngean

Hi there, Looking at your forum the way it is now, it is using the default templates that came with BBpress. Once you complete the installation, deep integrate by telling bbPress to load WordPress first. Open bb-config.php in the bbPress directory and add this line to the top of the file:

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ???/../wp-load.php??™)

To get BBpress to resemble your website, you'll have to add the PlatformForum theme that came along with the Pagelines Pro DEV files to your forum/bb-templates directory and activate it. The documentation here explains how to do this in detail: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums If you still need help after reading the documentation - let me know.

ricksmithworking

Thanks, Bonnie - Where can I find the PlatformForum theme in the DEV directory?

ricksmithworking

Never mind! Found it. Thanks, again!

ricksmithworking

Okay - I do have one more question: I've uploaded the forum theme and the plug in directory as specified but am not sure how to activate the theme for just the BBPress install? I have the following message appearing atop my themes page: "Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress." Thanks.

ricksmithworking

Yes - but don't know how to activate the theme for bbPress... I see the PlatformPro is the current them and then there are three other themes available that are not activated: bbPress (Twenty Ten) 1.2 by WordPress and bbPress teams Twenty Eleven 1.2 by the WordPress team Twenty Ten 1.2 by the WordPress team Above the active theme, this message appears: "Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress." I've even turned on the Forum part of PlatformPro in the admin panel of WordPress... feels like I'm one step away from making this work.

ricksmithworking

This hints at what I might be missing: "Forum Options: In PlatformPro, the options for the forum are in the theme settings inside of your WordPress install. Activate them under ???custom code.??™ In the other theme/bbPress integrations, the theme options are inside of the bbPress admin." But I don't see how anything under 'Custom Code' in the PlatformPro admin panel that would allow me to activate the Platform Pro theme for the bbPress install. I only see CSS changes, etc.

ricksmithworking

Fixed - thanks for your help. I was unaware that bbPress had it's own administration panel. Hanging head, walking away...

bonngean

RE: "Forum Options: In PlatformPro, the options for the forum are in the theme settings inside of your WordPress install. Activate them under ???custom code.??™ In the other theme/bbPress integrations, the theme options are inside of the bbPress admin." Go inside your Wordpress dashboard and click PlatformPro to get to the theme options. Look down the options listed there for Forum Settings KfoLK.png Click Forum Settings to reveal some of the options you can set for your forums.

crewman
Hello, I??™m trying to integrate bbpress with WP and I was following with mention here documents and videos (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums) but still getting ???Deep Integration With WordPress Required??? when I klick on the forum link http://www.wifiantenna.ru/forum/ . My site host GoDaddy and I believe the absolute path to wp-load.php in bb-config.php shall be /_sites/wifiantenna.ru/ wp-load.php Could please correct me if I??™m wrong or give me a hit what I need to check next Thank you

mzimbeck
I'm having a similar problem in finding the absolute path. I suspect it's something very obvious, but pasting the following doesn't work and I really don't know how or where to find this information. require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-load.php' ); I've been at it for ~3 hours without success, and this is the second time (after a break of three months) that I'm trying to deep integrate. All seems fine until I get to the point of activating the pagelines bbPress theme from within the forum admin panel, and then I always see this: Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for Platform Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). More info: Your WordPress install needs to be loaded on your forum pages, so we can use WP's functions. This is done by "including" (with a line of code) the wp-load.php file from WordPress. For help, please see bbPress.org, the info here deep integration with WordPress and contact your host for the path to include your WP install. Any advice? p.s. my site is worldbymouth.com and the forum folder is worldbymouth.com/forums

Danny
Hi, From what I can remember your absolute path looks something like this: /home/X/public_html/ Where the X is, just replace this with yours. If you aren't certain about this, contact your Web host and they will be able to tell you.

Please search our forums, before posting!