Sign in to follow this  
jacallea

Making the title of a custom menu widget a link

jacallea

Hi there, I am wondering how to make the title of a custom menu widget a link. I am struggling to turn the div that contains the title into a link, and can't find where the css for the div contents is. The div is #sidebar1 .widget-title My page is on a local computer so I can't provide a link. Sorry :-( Thanks plenty...

kastelic

Is it a text widget? If it is, you can leave the title blank and make your own title with HTML at the top of the widget text area.

My Widget

[/code]

jacallea

Hi kastelic, Thanks for your response. However it is not a text widget, but a custom menu widget, so this workaround does not work. Any other ideas? Thanks...

jacallea

My page is on a local computer so I can't provide a link. Sorry The div is #sidebar1 .widget-title, its just a title to a custom menu widget in a sidebar. THanks.

Kate

Well, WP strips out any HTML from the title field that you may input. My suggestion? Leave the title blank, and insert a text widget directly above the menu, styling it the same as the menu header. That will allow you to input the link directly into it. ;)

jacallea

Thanks Kate once again! Worked a treat :-)