Sign in to follow this  
bethstansell

Missing Template Selection dropdown

bethstansell

Perhaps I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but, despite having the option to modify the layout of a number of templates from within the PlatformPro options, when creating or modifying a page, the Page Attributes section is missing the drop down used to select the template for a given page. Any ideas?

Kate

There could be a couple of causes for this. To clarify: the "Page Attributes" section itself is showing up, correct? Do you currently have any plugins installed? Also, are your template showing up under Settings->Template Setup?

bethstansell

The Page Attributes box is showing up when editing pages. It provides me with the ability to parent a page and give it an order. No plugins are installed as it stands. I can view and modify all templates in the PlatformPro settings panel.

bethstansell

Hi Kate, I don't know if the information I provided above helps to give you a better idea of what the problem is, but if you know of some reasons that could cause there to be no template selection (I know that if there's only a default template available, it won't show, but PlatformPro should have a number of options already available), do you think you could maybe suggest a few and I could attempt to try and identify if those problems are present?

kastelic

Was it always missing since you installed? Maybe try uploading the latest version of the theme, perhaps a file got corrupted or something.

bethstansell

I tried reinstalling both platform pro and platform base multiple times as well as WordPress, to no avail. However, just ported the entire thing over to a new host and everything seems to be hunky dory. Must've been something server side that was preventing the theme from accessing the templates? Thanks all.

kastelic

Just curious, which host were you using?

bethstansell

EPI Internet Direct was the initial host. Ran into a lot of problems before I even encountered the no templates issue. Couldn't even install WordPress. Had to get them to change permissions for it multiple times to get it working. On top of that, it wasn't very accommodating of the .htaccess file and kept bringing down the site. Couldn't upload any media, resulting in even more permissions modifications. The list goes on and on...