Sign in to follow this  
hoby_jackson

I have lost my Feature links

hoby_jackson

Hi Guys, I recently installed a plugin called Google+1 button which is currently lurking in my settings. Since I installed Google+ i have lost the links located on my feature boxes. I have removed the Google+1 button from my features but my links have gone. So 2 questions. How do I get my links back? and how do I get rid of a plugin thats ended up in my settings? i.e Google+1 button Thank you guys Brad http://hobyjackson.info

Kate

You can uninstall the plugin via the admin Panel under "Plugins". There's an option to "Deactivate" it. Do that first. Once that's done, choose "Delete" to completely remove it. For the link: is it still set to show up in the individual feature settings? Double check that. Perhaps try unchecking the option, saving it, then rechecking the option and saving it.

hoby_jackson

Thanks Kate. Unfortunately even though it is a plugin, it does not appear in my plugins but in my settings with no option to remove. As for the feature itself, each feature has an option which are presently filled in on each feature: Feature Link URL Adding a URL here will add a link to your feature slide and: Link Text Enter the text you would like in your feature link Unfortunately they both now appear blank.

kastelic

You can always delete the plugin folder manually with an FTP program. I don't know how you would get the link URL and text back. Does it not work to reinsert them and save?

hoby_jackson

Thanks Kestelic, the funny thing is that they still appear in the Features Setup Option. I have tried deleting a feature and adding it again. all the info is there, I think the Google+ has somehow corrupted the code so it now wont appear on my website.

Rob

The plugin may have written code in a dynamic manner. If you haven't customized any of the files, you may want to re-install PlatformPro (a drastic step).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jenny

Viewing the source code doesn't show links either. When you visit a feature itself, you said it does have a URL and link text listed? Have you tried adding a new feature to see if that works?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

hoby_jackson
yeah...just added a new feature and still no link. I guess I may have to re-install..yikes.