Sign in to follow this  
mcarels

More themes on the way??

mcarels

I'm waiting for more themes so that PlatformPro have enough variation. I you can change the layout, but the feature slider has really 1 layout option, the navigation menu is horizontal, and there doesn't seem to be much difference. Any themes on the way?

Kate

Hello, I can't speak for the developers, but what I can say is there are definitely some changes on the way. For instance: the ability to have the other (non-PlatformPro) themes work as child themes of PlatformPro is coming. Also, individual developers have and continue to create child themes for PlatformPro and modify our existing themes (iBlog, WhiteHouse, etc.) to suit their needs.

mcarels

Yah but when it takes developers to change the theme, it eliminates the benefit of the platform. I'd rather have to rely on coders to make changes. Therefore I hope new theme designs are coming soon!

mcarels

By the way, why are they called child themes?? To me its just confusing, why not just have one download and keep it simple? I think simplicity and capabilities of design variation are paramount.

kastelic

Child themes are standard practice, so that you edit the child theme, and you can still updgrade the main theme when new versions come out, without overwriting the changes you made.