Sign in to follow this  
tmighell

Modifying the Stylesheet

tmighell

Dumb question here - I want to change the font on my WhiteHousePro theme - I go to the style.css file in the Editor, and it's a really small file - there's no styling in this file. There's a line that says "your custom styling can go in: custom.css" - but I cannot find a custom.css file. What am I missing here? Thanks.

Rob

Did you go to the WhiteHousePro settings (left column in your Dashboard) and look at the <>Custom Code link? There's a box there labelled "Custom CSS" and usually has "body {}" in the text area. You simply add any custom styling there. Don't replace the body tag unless you are planning to change something globally. For text changes, see the "Text Options" link where there are specific options, including custom CSS for fonts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tmighell

Yes, I'm familiar with that - but it seems like I'll have to add in custom styling for all the elements I want to change - Titles, Body, Subtitle, etc. - right? I have PlatformPro, and the CSS Stylesheet has all of that information that I can edit directly. I guess I will need to learn this Cufon font replacement in order to do that - I had thought I could just put some code in to use a generic font family like Arial in the blog. It just doesn't make sense to me that I will need to add all that code myself to the Custom CSS box.

Rob

We should consider the fact that by editing the .css file directly, you limit your access to those changes and if they ever need to be tweaked (i.e. when a new plugin conflicts with them), you will have to hunt the change down and fix it in the raw, rather than doing it in one, centralized format. I believe the forms created in Pagelines provide not only that centralized work environment but ease of use, which is central to its purpose. Yes, you may have to edit lots of lines, but actually, the code entered is usually in rather small snippets.

sterlingpr

I'm using the Platform Pro Base and would like to reduce the size of all the standard fonts used in the body (not the nav) by a couple of points. The headers (h1, h2, h3, etc.) in the main content areas are a fair bit too large for my needs, and the body copy itself is a point or two large as well. I've added things like "font-size 0.8em" in the CSS Rules in the Custom Code section of the PlatformPro Settings without success in reducing the headers. Am I missing something simple? Thanks for your help.

Rob

Have you used Typography in Pagelines settings? Under each font you select for specific purposes, there's a button "Edit Font Styling" which overrules any CSS you may add as custom CSS.

ctrout01

It would be great if there were font size controls under "Edit Font Styling" , but there is not. I am looking for the same solution at sterlingpr.

codygale

So how does one change the site title font? Been looking for days still can't find a solution.