Sign in to follow this  
leskah

How to create the homepage as a feature page without posts but the post page on a extra page?

leskah

I want to have the homepage as a feature page without posts but the post page on a extra page. I actually thought I can manage this through page attributes but there I can only choose the default template... I would be really happy if somebody can help as I can't find a solution for this in the PageLines docs either...

Danny

If I understand you correctly, simply create a new page called "Homepage" and use the page template "Feature" and another new page called "Blog" the template for this one can be left as default, these page names can be called whatever you want though. Once there created, go to Wordpress admin >> Settings >> Reading, on the reading settings page, right at the top there is a section called Front page display, with two drop downs. One for Front page and the other Posts page. On the Front page drop down, select your newly created Homepage and for the Posts page, use your newly created Blog page. Click save changes. Now, the feature template uses the sections "Pagelines Feature, Pagelines Boxes and Content Area", if you're not planning on using this template for anything else apart from your Homepage, then simply drag and remove the Pagelines Boxes and Content Area. If you're planning on using this template in the future for other pages then do the following to create a new template for sole use as a homepage. First things first go to functions.php Find this line of code: // OVERRIDE SECTION TEMPLATES --------// add above this: // Add Homepage if ( function_exists( 'pagelines_add_page' ) ) pagelines_add_page('homepage', 'Homepage'); Save functions.php Then using your favourite text editor, create a new file and add this code: <?php /* Template Name: Homepage */ setup_pagelines_template(); and then save the file and call it this: page.homepage.php Then upload the new page.homepage.php template to your PlatformBase main folder, the same place where functions.php is. Now when you go to Platform Settings via the Wordpress admin panel, go to Template Setup, on the drop down, there should be a new template called "Homepage", when you select this template the drag and drop area should be empty, simply drag the Pagelines Features section into it, click save. The goto your new Homepage page we created earlier, and change the template from Features to Homepage template, hit save and your good to go and can use the Features template for whatever you want seeing as your not using using it for your homepage.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cloniemyrl1926
catrina, thanks this was very helpful for me also. I had spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. darrell

alloydigital
I had gotten this far myself but what if I want to make a custom text content area for inside the Homepage template, can you instruct me how to do that?

Rob
Alloy, please open a new discussion forum with specifics about your goal and a link to your site and any examples of what you wish. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur