Sign in to follow this  
halifax_college

Please change the default ordering of boxes/features/banners

halifax_college

At the moment the items are ordered by their id, which is great, until you need to enforce some kind of ordering. To get around this we had to modify the core files to order items by post date, thus causing a minor headache when we have to upgrade the theme.

slingr

The Post Types Order plugin works well for all of these, at least it does for me.

catrina

You can find the Post Types Order plugin here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-types-order/ If you look in the "Welcome" section of PlatformPro's settings, it's also listed there (along with other useful plugins).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wigroupplp
I too installed Post-types-order plugin but its not working, i had to arrange my boxes as per my need but the boxes are coming up rather differently. If any1 can help???

catrina
Have you already tried deactivating your other plugins and trying the Post Type Orders plugin again?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wigroupplp
I haven't activated any other plugins but as you say I'll try and check if any other plugin is activated, will deactivate it and try it out. Thanks for the update.

wigroupplp
I have tried out as you said, I have arranged the boxes as per my need in the re-order section of boxes, but it didn't reflect as i have arranged the boxes in the re-order section. I am not getting how to arrange my boxes as my need. If possible can you help me out with these???

Rob
Can you provide a link to your website and some sort of explanation of how you want the boxes to appear in the order you prefer? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wigroupplp
The website is under construction, the link is gomobisupport.com/draft in these the boxes below are randomly arranged, i wanted goMobi features, Build your business with goMobi, Mobile Marketing & SEO on the first row and then Add another goMobi site, Value added services, goMobi News, goMobi case studies on the second column. BOX Layout: goMobi features Build your business with goMobi Mobile Marketing & SEO Add another goMobi site Value added services, goMobi News, goMobi case studies This is the way I would like the boxes to be arranged. Thanks.

Rob
Go into each box and add a number. 1, 2 or 3. Copy the content from each box into a Notepad file. Re-order the boxes by making sure that the content you want is in the box that shows up on the left first, then the middle one, then the last. This way, you will know which box is which. On a side note, the use of boxes with a background color as you're using them can be slightly problematic in that the boxes presume a white background and set their padding accordingly. If you look using Firebug for Firefox, you'll see that you've applied the color to a paragraph, allowing the backgrounded area to be padded, but not internally. The result is the white text on green goes right to the edge. You may want to consider putting a full width or universal sidebar above your boxes, then including a table with three cells, each padded properly. That will give you the background, white text and no text bleed.

wigroupplp
I tried out the procedure you said, it worked, thanks for your fast response. For the background color of the boxes I don't think there would be any problem if there's any then will use your advice for it, appreciate you help. Thanks.

Rob
I don't think the background color's the problem per se, but the padding, which is bringing text flush to the edge, so that white letters actually merge with the page background. Otherwise, if you like it, then it's fine.

wigroupplp
I used your note and used the universal sidebar, and thanks to you it came out quiet nice. The note of yours was really helpful and made the design look quiet nice. Thanks again.