Sign in to follow this  
ciaphuas

Category to show as page

ciaphuas

Right now, I'm using a plugin called Pages Posts so that i can show my categories as seperate pages on my site. However this plugin shows the entire post even thought in each post i used the wordpress 'show more' page break option. I would like each post to retain this, how would i do this? If theirs another solution that doesn't require this plugin I am open to that as well. My website is http://www.blamza.com You can click on 'Reviews' to see an example of what I'm talking about. Each post should have a 'continue reading' option, but they don't.

Rob

Just to confirm, under Settings (WP on the left, bottom of the column) you have a Reading link. On that, your settings "For each article in a feed, show" are set to Summary and not Full Text? If that's the case, then you probably need to discuss this with the plugin author as the settings page for that doesn't seem to specify any option. I also note that the plugin is only valid up to WP v. 3.05.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina

The plugin should come with CSS styling, but rather than changing it directly, it could be overwritten by adding custom CSS to the Custom Code section. Do you just want it to match iBlogPro's style exactly or do you want a slightly different style?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

slingr

I don't think you need a plugin just to show categories as a page ... just use the native custom menu capability in WP. What does the plugin do for you that WP custom menus doesn't? And adjust your Reading setting as rangelone noted.

ciaphuas

If u add the category to the menu, all it does is show a list of titles...I want the image and at least the excerpt to show for each post, just like how i have it on my homepage

Kate

Hi Ciaphuas, I believe that has to do with the way the posts file is setup. I believe it will show the "content" as opposed to the "excerpt" out of the box, but you can check the file to confirm. Here's the iBlog pro theme demo in action: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/articles/category/iphone When you added the category to the menu, it should've pointed to a page similar to the one linked to above...

ciaphuas

Unfortunately it doesn't...it just shows a list of my post titles without any images or content

ciaphuas

So their is no way to make a page of category posts to act exactly like the homepage? That seems strange

Kate

And you checked out the link I posted above? I do see what you're referring to here: http://www.blamza.com/category/featured/ Do you have a screenshot of your blog and posts settings page in the admin panel? I'm curious to see what you have for Pages and Posts->Post Excerpt Placement. (If you have "Don't Show" selected, that's why they're not showing up.) Or, if you want to show the "full content", allowing you to use the "More" tag, then for Pages and Posts->Full Post Content Placement, make sure you've selected "Show full content on all blog pages".

ciaphuas

For post thumbnail placement: I have it to set to 'no show' Post excerpt placement: I have it set to 'no show' Full Post control Placement: I have it set to show on all blog pages It works exactly right on the front-page just not any other page. Using the show more tag gives the ultimate power on showing the content the best way to the viewer.

ciaphuas

Sure, if I can make all my pages look like the homepage it would be great.

catrina

Which version of iBlogPro do you have? (Note: Even though the demo at http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro says that it's iBlogPro 4, I checked and believe it says that it's actually iBlogPro 3...)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse