Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

Page Slugs

camatteo

I cannot change the page slug. When I use the Editor in Pages, it does not save my change. When I look at QuickEdit, the slug appears to be correct. I am considering deleting the page entirely and starting from scratch, but it is my blogpage (although not the Home Page) and it appears that some changes need to be made in WP Settings. :-S

catrina

By blog page do you mean a single blog post page or the blog page that displays all blog posts? If its' a blog page that displays all blog posts, a slug cannot be assigned to it. Are you looking to change the name of the blog page in the website address?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

camatteo

Perhaps you are "on" to something. Do you mean that there are two types of blog pages? A. one that displays a long list of blog posts ("all blog") and B. another that displays only one ("single"). I would /like/ to display a single post (one per week, for example), but I may have it set improperly. Hence the slug problem. Can I develop A. a single-post blog page; B. install it as a subpage within a navigational category; C. update that blog by hitting "Post New Message" once a week when I publish the message? A. Should I rework what I have or B. Start with a new page. If so, how do I configure it correctly to be a single-post blog page (this option sounds simpler). Catrina, the website in question is www.chrysanthemumclassics.com and the page that is driving my bananas is supposed to be able to be found by clicking on "My Grafitti" in the nav bar. I thank you in advance for your expertise.

catrina

A. one that displays a long list of blog posts ("all blog") and B. another that displays only one ("single"). Yes, that is correct. The list of all blog posts is inside a page usually called the main blog page. The page that displays one blog post is called the single post page. Can I develop A. a single-post blog page; B. install it as a subpage within a navigational category; C. update that blog by hitting "Post New Message" once a week when I publish the message? You can create a custom menu that has a link to this single post page, but I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for. I think Option B sounds best. Are you just trying to create the effect in which there is one post from one category that can be accessed through the menu? Will there be multiple single posts (each from one category)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

camatteo

Hello Cat Lady! What I am aiming for looks like this page (somehow I created it, posted it and cannot properly link it to where it needs to go): http://www.chrysanthemumclassics.com/archives/551 Sometimes I will have a photograph or picture, primarily a very short, on-topic "article." I'm thinking about doing this once a week, and having them show up when a user clicks on My Gallery from the nav bar. You seem really to know your topic. No wonder you earn so much good karma!

camatteo

But doesn't that change every time I post?

Simon

The menu can only point to pages, categories, tags, posts etc. Unless you make the default front page a 'static' page and set the blog page to something different

camatteo

Back at you Cat Lady. Your suggestion that I follow Option B (above) is what I am looking for.

Simon

Well simply point the menu link to your category. And call the link My Gallery, then when you make a post in the category it will appear at the top.

camatteo

1. you are inaccurate in the link name "My Gallery" (which I am trying to solve My Grafitti). 2. these are dismissive comments and I find that arrogant. 3. this does not make for my Happiness, which seems to be a brand value for PageLines.

camatteo

I worked this out by starting over again.