Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

Seeking Help to correct 404 error

camatteo

Friends, I am a WordPress and PageLines newbie. I have had a recent "breakthrough" after weeks of banging my head against a design wall for my business website. Some success: most of it works the way I want it to, except the "blog" page. I have retitled that blog page as My Grafitti. but it displays a 404-error. I have a hunch that one of you very experienced folk can help me with this "no-brainer". The website is www.chrysanthemumclassics.com and the 404-error can be seen when clicking "My Grafitti" in the navigation bar. PS I'm working on other parts of the site, too, but for the time-being, this problem will not let me rest so if you could postpone other feedback for later, I would be grateful.

Simon

Yo must have changed the page slug. Go back to the page editor. Your page slug must be grafitti as thats what you have set in the menu, there are a couple more 404's there too, so you have made the error more than once ;)

camatteo

I'm sure I did! I have no idea what a page slug is. Can I repeat what I understand back to you? 1. Edit the page itself; 2. in the Edit Page window, I will want to be sure the page slug is grafitti (if that is the case). If that works, I should be able to fix other similar 404 errors if they arise. Did I understand you correctly? NB Super-newbie. But I am a Great Latinist.

camatteo

Pross, I cannot find where to edit the page slug in the Edit Page window of the WordPress site admin. :-S