Sign in to follow this  
joshbowers

Commenting not showing up sporadically?

joshbowers

This site: radianttribes.com The first post the comments show up fine. But on all the other posts you can't leave a comment. I made another post, and I can leave a comment. I checked the pages and turn comments on for those pages and it worked fine. The posts that don't show the comment area DO NOT have the "hide comments" box ticked. They are the same as the first post in terms of options clicked. Does anyone have any advice?

Simon

If the comments are closed for the post, the comments box will not show. Check if the comments are actually open and the theme is configured to show them. Try sapping theme to see if they show then.

joshbowers

Not sure what Sapping means? Where would I check to see if comments are closed for a post? I don't see a place to close comments on the post, the pingback and such area is not there. The Discussion section of the wordpress install is setup with this: Allow people to post comments, Comment author must fill out name and e-mail Anyone posts comment Comment is held for moderation Admin must approve comment.

joshbowers

Sorry, figured it out... The edit screen doesn't have "allow comments" just the quick edit drop down for the posts has it.