Sign in to follow this  
ronaldmeaux

iBlogPro4 Subnav link color

ronaldmeaux

Thanks, but how do I reverse the colors? Again, I want the subnav links to be blue, then turn black once selected. I've tried using the text link color options but nothing changes.

cmunns

Okay I just tested this personally. ` #subnav ul li a{color:#0088CC;} #subnav ul li a:hover {color:#0088CC; text-decoration:underline;} #subnav li a, #subnav li a:visited, #subnav .page_item { color:#0088CC; } #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#000;} `

ronaldmeaux

Your code shows the subnav links as blue, and they become underlined and blue when hovering. Once selected though, they remain blue - which makes it difficult to tell which page you're on. As I mentioned above, I was hoping to show the current subnav page link as black or gray. I guess this is a bit of a struggle to accomplish. I'll stick with that I have until I figure out a work-around. Thanks anyway for the effort. I appreciate the help.

cmunns

The action you want should have been accomplished by the code I gave you. In all this struggle to get it right you may have some code somewhere overriding the rules I gave you. Were you able to copy ALL the code I gave you? ` #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#000;} ` I've added returns so you can see what ran off the page in my previous post

ronaldmeaux

Still no luck. When I paste your code the links all stay black, with no hover/underline, no blue color, and no indication of which page you're on. Must be something on my end. For whatever reason, Jackey's code is the only one that works.

cmunns

where have you been adding all this code? You probably just have the code hierarchy messed up.

ronaldmeaux

Theme Options, Custom CSS. Here's what I have: #cred.pagelines{display:none} #cycle { overflow: hidden; height: 275px; } #feature .hentry { height: 275px; } #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#0088CC;}

cmunns

` #subnav ul li a{color:#0088CC;} #subnav ul li a:hover {color:#0088CC; text-decoration:underline;} #subnav li a, #subnav li a:visited, #subnav .page_item { color:#0088CC; } #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#000;} ` If you delete that last rule and replace it with all that i've provided above, it should override css in other areas if that's the problem. Based on the code you currently have there in the custom css area...you are not getting the desired result but this should fix it.

ronaldmeaux

Perfect. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

mr-twisted

Thanks so much,the last bit worked and solved my woes...

mr-twisted

actually, i had to put the following to get this working correctly with safari 5 into my custom css and commented out the original theme css. i know that's a nono, but was the quickest and i couldn't do it the other way. /* SUBNAV STYLING FIX */ #subnav {margin-top: 8px; font-size: 12px;} #subnav ul {margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px; list-style: none;} #subnav li {padding: 2px 7px 4px; margin: 0px; float: left;} #subnav ul li a {color:#666;} #subnav ul li a:hover {color:#666; float:left !important; margin:5px 10px 0px 0px; padding:0; text-decoration:none;} #subnav ul li ul li{display: none;} #subnav li a, #subnav li a:visited, #subnav .page_item { color:#666;} #subnav li a:hover {text-decoration: none;} #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#00ccff;} here is what i commented out /* SUB NAVIGATION (ONLY ON PAGES) COMMENTED OUT BY JOSH #subnav { margin-top: 8px; font-size: 12px;} #subnav ul { margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px; list-style: none; } #subnav li { padding: 2px 7px 4px; margin: 0px; float: left; } #subnav ul li a { color:#555; float:left !important; margin:5px 10px 0px 0px; padding:0; text-decoration:none; } #subnav ul li ul li{display: none;} #subnav li a, #subnav li a:visited, #subnav .page_item { text-decoration: none; color: #222; } #subnav li a:hover { text-decoration: none; } SUB NAVIGATION (ONLY ON PAGES) COMMENTED OUT BY JOSH */

mr-twisted

oops, i had one line in there that was messing things up in firefox by accident. this is the custom css i added in addition to commenting out the original SUBNAV ON PAGES css which seems to be working in all 'mac' browsers. still need to check PC /* SUBNAV STYLING FIX */ #subnav {margin-top: 8px; font-size: 12px;} #subnav ul {margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px; list-style: none;} #subnav li {padding: 2px 7px 4px; margin: 0px; float: left;} #subnav ul li a {color:#666;} #subnav ul li ul li {display: none;} #subnav li a, #subnav li a:visited, #subnav .page_item { color:#666;} #subnav li a:hover {text-decoration: none;} #subnav .current_page_item a, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a, #subnav li a:hover, #subnav .current_page_item a:visited, #subnav .current_page_ancestor a:visited, #subnav li.current-cat a, #sidebar #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #feature-footer .twitter a {color:#00ccff;}