Sign in to follow this  
dustinfaddis

Post Content Formatting Issues

dustinfaddis

When attempting to design my post content layout, I am experiencing issues after I press the update button. The Context: So, I'm writing a paragraph in the post content section then I am pressing the enter/return button in order to add spacing between the paragraphs. (When I create a heading/paragraph title and write a paragraph below that, I want the spacing between the two to look a particular way.) I've been using WP's "format" drop down menu) to adjust the paragraph title. (This option is only available in the "Visual" editing mode.) When I "update" the post, sometimes the formatting is changed. So, I experience 2 Problems: 1) The paragraph spacing that I create by pressing the return/enter button doesn't hold. It looks like wp automatically formats by allowing only 1 line of spacing between paragraphs. 2) When I make formatting changes using the " quotes " ( " ) button and adjust the size by using the "format" button (changing the quote box from "format" to say "heading 4" , other paragraphs or quote boxes that I previously changed are reformatted Does anyone else experience these type of formatting issues?

kastelic

Yes, the worpress auto-formatter can sometimes be a pain, and it takes some getting used to. You can try to add line breaks in html mode and then hit save without switching back to Design mode. Or you can try a plugin that disables the autoformatting like WP Unformatted

dustinfaddis

I suppose the only solution is to edit the post using html: " & n b s p ;" -where I want spacing. Thanks @kastelic for the wp plugin suggestion. I'm already at 24 active plugins so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to add another:)