Sign in to follow this  
annabelr

Two (global) stylesheets for HP vs. all other pages

annabelr

I'm trying to figure out a solution to have different stylesheets for different pages. Namely the Home page has a design (full-width design framework) with areas delimited by a tiled background image and an area with an image that i don't intend to have on all pages. What it looks like : http://13jumelles.fr ID : Visitor Pword : temp0811 What i'm trying to achieve is : setting up a different site background for all other pages. Is that possible? If yes : how? If no : any alternative to achieve the same result? I guess i picked up the wrong method and not being too technical i'm wondering if i'm gonna have to rethink and redo the whole thing ... Thanx for helping out on this (tricky) one : - ) Annabel

kastelic

You don't need multiple stylesheets, just page-specific selectors. View the source of any page and look at the opening body tag. You will see classes like "home", "archive", "page-id-23" and so on . Use these like this{

.page-id-23 #page {background:blue}
	.home #page {background:red}

annabelr

THX kastelic i'll give it a try and will keep you posted :)

annabelr

Ok... I'm not getting it. Tried several variants of your css declaration, which won't work. Here's the code part which i think you're refering to :

How would you do? Again : thx, Annabel

kastelic

This is your blog page, see the class "blog" in the body. So, like this:

.blog #page {background: red}