Sign in to follow this  
hibbsy

iBlogPro4 footer

hibbsy

Hi, just upgraded to iBlogPro4 and all is well apart from an issue with the footer. a) All I want in my footer is "?© 2010 - John Hibbs | Lupus Awareness Advocate | Marathon Runner - All rights reserved" - I've added a text box wiget to remove the default but it formats it in a left column, I want it on a single line? B) I had the custome code "a.pagelines {display:none}" in iBlogPro3 to remove the pagelines logo - how do I remove this in iBlogPro4? Thanks for your support! http://lupusrunner.co.uk John

wpfun

To remove PageLines logo try:

a.plimage {display:none;}

hibbsy

Great thank you. How about removing the 'new' footer columns and getting back the single line footer?

wpfun

Well, I would go and edit the .php files. But it's not that easy. I guess you will have to wait for guys from PageLines.

Andrew

Ya if you want you could try adding back the code from iBlogPro3 to footer.php. We've done our homework though; most users seem to prefer the column footer Have you tried adding widgets to it instead (the new footer)?

mbartus

Hi, I would also really love to know how to get rid of the new footer with the columns. I do like the columns but it is too much information.

hibbsy

Yes I have added a text widget to the footer but it is then in a column not a single line and aligned left! I think the new columns are good, but I would still want my site copyright info across the bottom!! "?© 2010 - John Hibbs | Lupus Awareness Advocate | Marathon Runner - All Rights Reserved"

Jackey

A suggestion: Example

• Create a categorie "?© - Company name" in links.
  • Assign links to that (like "Disclaimer")
  • Hide the assigned pages from the menu.
  • Put the links widget in the footer columns.

hibbsy

Ok Ill give that a go when I get back home. Just seems strange to have the 'Site Terms Statement' set out in the iBlog options moved to the new footer columns. The footer columns are good extras that I agree people would want, but NOT at the expense of moving the site terms from the very bottom of the footer! And if you want anything in the new footer other than the default you have to create a text widget with the site terms in anyway!!

cmunns

You actually don't have to create a widget for the site terms. You can edit this in the theme options under the footer tab. Do you still have the files from iBlogPro3 so you can add the old footer back?

max

Wouldn't be far simple to keep the checkbox we had at v3.5 where you could click on "Show main navigation on footer" or alike? Why do we have to do any programming that would cause versioning problems???

hibbsy
You actually don't have to create a widget for the site terms. You can edit this in the theme options under the footer tab. Do you still have the files from iBlogPro3 so you can add the old footer back?
I have my site terms set under the iblog footer tab, but if i dont use a widget the new footer gets the defaults. I still have all the iblogpro3 files - what do i need to do?

max

I've just replaced the footer.php file and done. But I agree with Andrew about missing the good features of the widgetized footer. I'll go back to the v4 footer when I can get rid of the new standard footer. I assume I can't use now any of the v4 footer widgets, can I? Max

hibbsy

Thanks Max, did you replace the entire footer.php with that from iblogpro3?

Jackey

If you want your old footer + nav back enter this in footer.php `

<?php if(pagelines('footnav')):?>
  • <?php _e('Home',TDOMAIN);?> <?php $frontpage_id = get_option('page_on_front'); global $bbpress_forum; if($bbpress_forum && pagelinesforum('exclude_pages')){ $forum_exclude = ','.pagelinesforum('exclude_pages');} else{ $forum_exclude = '';} wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order&exclude='.$frontpage_id.$forum_exclude.'&depth=1&title_li=');?>
<?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('terms')):?>
<?php echo pagelines('terms'); ?>
<?php endif;?>
` Under line 69: ` <?php endif; ?>

Jackey

Do you mean without the menu?

Jackey

Enter this instead of the above `

<?php if(pagelines('terms')):?>
<?php endif;?>
` and enter this in your custom code: ` .terms { text-align:center; } ` I hope I did't break anything....

hibbsy

Thanks Jackey, adding the custom code did the trick! Your site is really good! Thank you for taking the time to help me! Best wishes. John

Jackey

I took out a bit more code... `

<?php if(pagelines('terms')):?>
<?php endif;?>
` This should be enough for the copyright line. You're welcome!

Jackey

BTW the custom code is not mine.... I stole it from Pagelines ;)

mbartus

Jackey, I pasted all of the iBlogpro 3 code into the footer.php and it fixed the bottom bar as promised. But it also deleted removed the 2nd widget toolbar (i.e., in my site at www.mattbartus.com, the row that currently has Categories, Recent Blog Posts and Places you can follow me). It just leaves an empty bar. Did that happen to you? thanks!

Jackey

Hi, I tested this, and nothing vanished from my theme. Are you sure you pasted the complete code at the spot I marked #####ENTER HERE#### I still have it installed, and working. You best restore the original footer.php and see if the toolbar returns.

mbartus

Thanks. I am not good enough with code to make that happen, so I just went back to to iblog3. I hope they fix that, I appreciate the extra feature but it would be better if it could be shut off automatically.

Jackey

Aha... you want something slightly different than hibbsy... Please understand that if you have no widgets placed in the footer columns widget space, the footer columns revert to their defaults (all columns filled with preset info and widgets). If you ad one widget, you only get one column starting at the left, so you need to ad at least 5 widgets to fill all the columns (you can ad blank text-widgets to skip a column). The code I provided above only ads the old bottom menu with the Site Terms Statement underneath the footer columns?