Sign in to follow this  
kricket

header image size

kricket

Hi, Can someone please tell me the pixel size to make a header that goes over nav and would be the width of the white area? Here's what it looks like with just logo on left: http://makestrides.net/wordpress/welcome/ I'm trying to get new graphics to go across and have no idea the size to ask graphics friend to make for the height or the width, maybe a obvious Q but can't find the size anywhere in searching the forum or docs. Thanks!

Kate

If you were to remove the padding in the header, and play around with it so that it spans the entire width of the site, it would be 980px. As for a height: there is no set height... It's dynamic. However, you could set a height if you wanted.

kricket

Thank you! One more Q: to make banner only across the body/and sidebar (content area) and not fully across the page to sides over margins, or are you saying you can make it go beyond out to edge of margins too. I just want it to be over content area- and is the number found in layout editor?

kastelic

You should install the Web Developer addon for Chrome or Firefox. It has a ruler tool that allows you to measure areas of your website.

kricket

Thanks for the information & tools- appreciate it!