Sign in to follow this  
davecfm

Change Font in Nav Bar & Widget Titles

davecfm

Hmmm, Having trouble finding a way to change the font in the main navigation bar and the widget titles. Can anyone tell me the correct custom css? I'm using the "font uploader" plugin. www.davec.fm Thanks, Dave

Kate

Hey Dave, I'm not familiar with that particular plugin. But, may I ask: is there a reason you're not using the built-in typography features?

davecfm

Hi Kate, I wanted to add fonts from I already had on my computer. The fonts were either not available or adding the fonts through some of the other services seemed overly complicated. The plugin has a spot to enter "custom code" with the uploaded font. Pretty nice. Do you know the tags for the nav bar and the widget headers? Thanks, Dave

kastelic

If you use chrome or get Firebug for Firefox, you can right-click and "inspect" any element to see the classes associated with it. I believe the selectors you're looking for are: .widget-title and ul.main-nav li a

davecfm

Kastelic, That worked. Thank you! I do use firebug with Firefox, and Chrome while designing (making changes is more like it) and it's funny; I highlight/ right click the elements and I see "#site .content, .wcontent, #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch." when inspected. I have difficulty getting "vul.main-nav li a" out of the above. How do you do it? If it's too much to answer here in the forum, I understand. Thanks again, Dave