Sign in to follow this  
NearlyJen

change footer logo title and href?

NearlyJen

Hi everyone, I need to change my footer logo title and href. I can find this in Firebug and see how I want to change it...but that is where I get stuck. Help? Can't seem to get it right to paste it into the Custom CSS area! Thanks in advance. Jennifer

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

Stefan

Hi Jennifer, Do you want to change/remove the PageLines leaf logo located in the footer? You will have to e-mail hello@pagelines.com for that..It is only removed by default in the Developer version :)

NearlyJen

Thanks, no. I added a footer logo in the footer options. It was automatically given a title of Home and an href of my homepage...and I would like to change those. I can't figure out the structure of the html to put it in the custom code section. Looks like the div id is logo and the class is home? but I just don't quite get how to write it. It is the PNAIS logo at the bottom of this page: http://w3.eastsideprep.org Jennifer

Nice to meet you. 

kastelic

The easiest way would probably be to override section.footcols.php in platformbase. To do this make a new file in the root directory of base called template.footcols.php. Then copy the entire contents of the section_template() function (from section.footcols.php) into the file. Then you can change the href and title to whatever you want (around line 57 of the file). If you have trouble finding it, I will paste the code here:

?>

<?php if (!dynamic_sidebar($this->name) ) : ?>
<?php if(pagelines_option('footer_logo') && VPRO):?> <?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php else:?>

<?php bloginfo('name');?>

<?php endif;?>

<?php _e('Pages','pagelines');?>

<?php wp_nav_menu( array('menu_class' => 'footer-links list-links', 'theme_location'=>'footer_nav', 'depth' => 1) ); ?>

<?php _e('The Latest','pagelines');?>

• <?php foreach(get_posts('numberposts=1&offset=0') as $key => $post): setup_postdata($post);?>
  • <?php echo $post->post_title; ?>
    <?php echo ( !is_404() ) ? custom_trim_excerpt(get_the_excerpt(), 12) : ''; ?>
    <?php endforeach;?>

<?php _e('More','pagelines');?>

<?php print_pagelines_option('footer_more');?>
<?php print_pagelines_option('footer_terms');?>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php [/code]

NearlyJen

So, this didn't work and we tried everything we could think of. Any other ideas?

Nice to meet you.