Sign in to follow this  
marmaristasarim

Where can I find the words "by", "on" ?

marmaristasarim

Hello, I know it's probably the dumbest question here but I can't for the life of me find the "by", "on", such in the case of on 07/30/2011 by ADMIN that is located below the post titles. I have checked all the section files and also comments.php and template.postloop.php... and could not find them. I have used a word search as well. If anyone knows could you please let me know? Thank you in advance for your efforts. :)

Stefan

Hi, They can be edited from the includes > library.templates.php file. Look for metabar and you will find the 'on' and 'by' lines you are looking for. However, this is a highly risky procedure and we do not recommend it. Make sure the file is backed up if anything goes wrong!

marmaristasarim

Thank you Scarstocea :) I just need to translate them that's all :)

mxhg
Hi, is there an more easier or secure way to change "by admin on".. ? Would be cool If I could change it with the po translation files. Max

theshaman
I'd second that, mxhg. fascinating how even double-premium (price-wise) theme makers can't get localization issues right... :) But I'm sure they will. Soon. ;-)

theshaman
[quote]What theme?[/quote] Just happily payed 150 bucks for the brand-new 2.0 framework :) (and apart from some small issues love it, btw) and still see "on" and "by", had the same problem with an elderly Platform Pro version that I was testing before. Looks like some stuff is still hardcoded and not covered by the language files. [b]P.S.:[/b] just started to dig into the new framework. Glad to see that the backend has been translated as well (I have some sites in German), but you might want to get some native speaker for proofreading, there is quite a bit of funny grammar and hard to understand stuff in there...

Simon
ok 2.0 in the backend you can change the post meta easily, it uses shortcodes. Look under 'blog and posts' tab

theshaman
thanks Simon - had a hard time finding it thanks to the German backend "translation" ;-). Got it now. Unfortunately the variables like [code][post_comments][/code] are not translated either in the language files.

Simon
Well no, they cant be, they are short codes ;)

theshaman
hmmmm.... somehow they CAN, it seems to me... :) using Twenty Eleven [i]with[/i] German language file: "Leave a Comment" in the byline is replaced with correct German translation. using Platform or other not-so-well-localized theme or Twenty Eleven [i]without[/i] German language file: "Leave a Comment" appears untranslated...

Simon
Oh sorry i thought you meant the actual shortcode text, not the text it produces, sorry lol