Sign in to follow this  
revivalasia

How do i reorder the plugins immediately following a post?

revivalasia

Let me explain...I have a multipage post in my blog, but the pagination is way down beneath the social buttons and the related posts. Currently it is this... POST CONTENT SOCIAL BUTTONS RELATED ITEMS PAGES TAGS I want it to be this... POST CONTENT PAGES TAGS SOCIAL BUTTONS RELATED ITEMS See and scroll - you will see what i mean... http://wp.revivalasia.com/2011/08/02/342/

kastelic

Go to Template Setup -> Single Post Content Area and you can drag Pagination up under the Main content. As far as controlling the related posts plugin placement, that would depend on the specific implementation of that plugin, is it just activate and go, or are there options? If you have a template tag available for inserting that plugin where you want it, we can help you set up a hook to do so.

revivalasia

Hey K, thanks for the reply. Yes i had already added that pagination directly below the content. It seems that the plugins are in the loop and the pagination is outside the loop so it does not do anything. All the plugins are activate and go i believe...

Kate

It appears you did some work to template.postloop.php, or have a custom template. Is that correct? Because pagination isn't working...

kastelic

Definitely no easy way. If the content sharing plugin applied a class or id to its container then you could move the pagination up with javascript, but other than that I'm out of ideas.

revivalasia

I was hoping i could just cut and paste some hooks into the loop somewhere in the order i want them. It would be good if there was a plugin that could order post-content widgets this way?

Kate

Yes, I see the pagination... But, if you click on it, it takes you to the same post as page 1 ;)

revivalasia

It actually takes you to page 2 of the post - it works ok - just want it up

kastelic

Some plugins provide you with a template tag, for inserting in your theme where you want the plugin to appear, rather than making it appear somewhere automatically. Check the documentation for the various plugins, and if they provide that, then you can insert them via hooks in the order you want.