Sign in to follow this  
renderinnovations

Hooks: Image on top of branding.

renderinnovations

Hi! I'm trying to work on a site for someone. My original hope was to have the callout section ontop of branding. But I couldn't figure that out. So I continued to try to figure out hooks etc. I decided to simply have a button with an href added onto it. So I made this hook: (Based off of the examples on other posts on this forum and the video) // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_after_branding_wrap', 'calltoaction'); // function name function calltoaction(){?> GetQuoteHoriz.gif <?php } // end function //=========// It shows up, however I try finding it via firebug and css to move it and I can't find it. I'm not sure how to go about moving it via the hook. Also to mention, when I name the class="alignnone" then the image will show up on css. I guess it's because its being able to call something? Would someone be able to better guide me to how to move this image to the right and on top of a branding? Unfortunately I can't send a link, but with guidance I should be able to figure it out. Thank you, AB

kastelic

Go to Template Setup and find the branding section and click Advanced Settings. Here you can see you have more hook options other than pagelines_after_branding_wrap. Try different ones until you get close. Then just target your element with CSS like: .calls { display:block; width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; top:10px; left:100px; } or whatever you need to do. I would put the whole thing in a div so you don't have to turn the anchor tag into a block-level element. Also, I say a semicolon after the href and src parameters that shouldn't be there.

renderinnovations

It works. The hook was right, I just didn't add the right css. I wonder why firebug couldn't pick it up. Thanks so much!