Sign in to follow this  
gleach4tvc

Pages will not show up on Localhost server...

gleach4tvc

Currently using PlatformPro and WAMP to build the site locally. I'm trying to set up the site structure with pages, and have several posted. The front page is showing up fine with all the navigation, but none of the pages show up. I get a 404 not found message. Anybody know what might be the problem?

kastelic

What do you have set in Settings -> Permalinks ( and try clicking "save" there to reset the permalink settings) and do you have your URL and blog URL set correctly in Settings -> General?

gleach4tvc

Well, I wanted a custom structure of %category%/%postname% but apparently that was the problem... changing it back to the default fixed the problem. However, now there's the problem of not having seo "pretty" permalinks. Will this fix once I set it up on my host server? Is it just a localhost issue? I've used the same code for other Wordpress sites using different templates and have not had an issue with it. How can I change that custom structure to work with PlatformPro?

Simon

did you enable mod_rewrite in WAMP?

gleach4tvc

I'm a newbie to Wordpress and WAMP - exactly how would I enable mod_rewrite?

Simon

I have no idea, i found a suggestion on a forum asking if it was enabled. Ive never used WAMP myself.