Sign in to follow this  
mits2001mt

Feature read more button

mits2001mt

Hi everyone, I have tried everything I could and am stuck. I changed my home page to a static page and now the read more buttons, in the feature header, are gone. I have then tried to change it back to a post page to get them back, with no luck. How do I get these buttons back to link to other posts, this worked fine until I screwed it up. I do not need my homepage to be a static page if that makes things easier. I would just like my tags to work again. PS: Go easy im still figuring all this stuff out. Tanks for any help.

kastelic

Can we see a link to your site?

mits2001mt

Yes sorry about that. www.liberationathletics.com

kastelic

You have to manually add the feature link URL and link text. IF you have it set to draw from a post category, then you can go to edit each post and at the bottom there will be new options where you can set this.

mits2001mt

Before I changed the page from post to static it was working fine. I had it linked to posts with no problem. Whether I have a link or not now nothing shows up, it's not even showing the read more button with #fake link as an example anymore. Text is there, link is there but no button. Is there a specific default setting my homepage and feature need to be under to see the read more buttons? thankyou for your help

catrina

Hm, there is no other setting I can think of. That button should be appearing by default. It's not like it's "invisible" either since I checked the source and it's not showing up at all. Are there any plugins you can deactivate to see if that makes a difference?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mits2001mt

Thank you so much! The facebook comments plugin was the problem. But now I have another problem, does this mean I can no longer have facebook comments on the blog? Is it not comptatible for some reason?

kastelic

It shouldn't be incompatible, probably just that specific plugin. Are there other facebook commenting plugins out there?