Sign in to follow this  
10yearitch

Change the default Sidebar for just one page or post?

10yearitch

Hi, I have a Primary Side bar defined. I now want to create another Side bar (Secondary) so that I can use it specifically for one particular page or post. I saw documents saying that I can define the Sidebar in the Page/Post Options. But I do not see that option. Looks like the documents were referring to an older version of Platform. I have the latest version of Platform. Please advice. Regards, Madhu

10yearitch

Here is the section of the document which talks about replacing the Side Bar. The Secondary Sidebar widget area is intended as a replacement for the Main Sidebar on selected pages. For example, if you??™dlike a specific set of widgets only to replace the Main Sidebar widgets on certain pages, you would use this sidebar. For the pagesyou??™d like to set to use the Secondary Sidebar, mark this in the Page Options in the Page Editor I am unable to see this option !

poseyg

The option is entitled " Pagelines Section Control" and it is on the right side when you are editing a page. You can hide the "primary" sidebar and thus only have the secondary sidebar on that page. Hope this helps. Posey

bevj

The pagelines section control allows you to alter the template for individual pages, ie. hide or show the sidebar. It does't really allow your to control the information displayed in the sidebar. What may help you a little better is to install a plugin that allows you to control individual widget display on pages and posts. Pagelines suggest widget logic, I prefer widget locationizer. http://screencast.com/t/WzjQpAfvQRDm The individual meta settings for controlling the page are typically located at the bottom of the page http://screencast.com/t/j1qbGq5ixKI The look and feel of each template can be controlled from within the platform settings > template, and platform settings > layout. http://screencast.com/t/K5gJQsQ0bV hopefully this helps, Bevj

10yearitch

@Poseyg ... That leaves the primary sidebar section blank (whitespace).Which looks really weird.

10yearitch

@bevj, I tried both the plugins ... i have the latest version of WP. Both the plugins did not work. May be they are not compatible with the latest version of WP. Regards, MAdhu

10yearitch

@bevj ... widget logic worked for me ... Thanks a lot !