Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Haran

Pagelines Section Control not visible when I create new page

Lisa Haran

I have used pagelines on another site and don't have this issue on the other site. checked it's preferences and the only difference is this new site I am working has a more recent version the PlatformBase 1.4.1 So when I go to add new page the Pagelines Section Control only becomes visible after I save page as a draft or publish it. Is this a new function or have I disabled this function somewhere? Thanks as usual

Lisa Haran

I have used pagelines on another site and don't have this issue on the other site. checked it's preferences and the only difference is this new site I am working has a more recent version the PlatformBase 1.4.1 So when I go to add new page the Pagelines Section Control only becomes visible after I save page as a draft or publish it. Is this a new function or have I disabled this function somewhere? Thanks as usual

cmunns

The Section Control will load once the page has been created, if it hasn't been created there is no way to have it show up

Lisa Haran

Cmunns, thanks for reply, but I haven't found this to be the case on any of my other pageline sites. Only the latest one. All the other sites, when I add new page, the section is visible automatically. So I was just wondering if I had done something different.

motionltd
Hi Guys, I am having the same issue. I'm sure this was ok on previous versions. When creating a new page or a new Post, I don't get the PageLines Section Control panel popping up. In order to get it I need to save as a draft, or actually publish it. Publishing is not an option as momentarily there will be elements on the page that I don't want. Saving draft before you've even started a post is a bit weird too, not sure my clients will think thats right, and may get confused about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon
This is normal, in previous versions the page meta would appear on ALL posts and all custom posts, where it was not needed, so we limited it to actual posts, however when wordpress creates a post there is no post-type defined until the post is drafted or saved.

motionltd
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com