Sign in to follow this  
marmaristasarim

nav bar css help requested

marmaristasarim

Hello I have read through all that I could find in manipulating the css settings in the main navigation menu. However I have not been successful in my goal. I have a main nav bar background graphic. It is there but covered by the menu items. The menu items that are active I would like transparent so that when you open up the site at first the whole nav bar graphic shows without any of the menu items in color. The hover can be another color. The drop downs can be another color while the whole nav bar is still showing its background. Is it possible to request which css codes apply to these areas for color/bg and text that way I don't have to keep asking these types of questions - and I'm sure you get alot of these types of questions? Because right now I'm just guessing through trial and error to get it right. the site is: tatilciyeri.com and I would be very grateful for any suggestions and/or assistance :) Thank you very much.

Kate

This should get you on the right track:

#menu-nav li{background:none;}
	#menu-nav li a{color:#ffffff;}
	#menu-nav li.current_page_item a{color:#404040;background:transparent;}
	#menu-nav li a:hover{background:none;color:#404040;}
	#menu-nav .children li{background:#ffffff;}
	#menu-nav .children li a{color:#b1b1b1;}

marmaristasarim

Kate If I said you were wonderful...that just would not be enough! You have made my day! :) Thank you a whole bunch! :)