Sign in to follow this  
chrisyates

iForum Problem

chrisyates

I have just bought iForum and am currently setting it up. I've notices that when adding a new topic or replying to a post there is no formatting bar across the top of the posting box for users to images, bold text or URLs etc. Any ideas how I can get it to appear?

Andrew

clear cookies, cache. Restart browser and try logging in. That fixes it for us :)

chrisyates

Cleared cookies and cache restarted browser and still can't see the formatting bar. Here's the URL if you need to see it for yourself. iPad Site Forum

cmunns

have you tried posting a question to the bbpress forum? They may have solutions for issues like this since they are the experts on the forum framework.

chrisyates

I was under the impression that iForum came with the toolbar as this is what shows on the demo. Below the submit button it also states: Image Tip: Upload images to Imgur and use their URL with the "IMG" button above. This would suggest that the toolbar should appear. Having posted a question on the bbpress forums the first answer that came back was:

bbPress isn't shipped with a toolbar but just a textarea.
That's why I thought it was a part of iForum.

Andrew

Chris, The toolbar is from a plugin that should be included w/ the forum. Have you installed them?

chrisyates

Now I feel like a right ti* Probably be a good idea....thanks buddy.

chrisyates

I have now added the plugins! Works great....nearly. I have just two more question! In the readme.txt it says:

How to prevent big images to break the forum's layout ? = Add this to your CSS: #thread .post img {max-width:450px;}
Can I add this anywhere within the code or should it go somewhere in particular? I've just tried the formatting bar (which looks lovely by the way!) and clicked on the 'img' button which then provides me with a window asking me for the images URL which I entered, but after posting my test image rather than showing me the actual image it just shows the URL I typed in...any ideas how to resolve this?

cmunns

I don't see a separate css file in the forum folder so just add it the style.css for your theme and that should work. Regarding the image tag, did you enter the absolute path? (full URL) pagelines_logo.jpg

chrisyates

Yep I did add the full URL but only the URL showed within the post?

cmunns

Is this happening in all browsers? It sounds like the short code isn't working... Try and see if it will work by adding an actual image tag with necessary html attributes

bias

Please help me !! Sorry for my English because it is not terrible. Here I have a big problem I bought iForum and I can not manage to install it: I can not install a iForum I bought from you a while ago marked the error is this: An invalid configuration file autrement at bb-config.php The Installation Can not continue. I'm really desperate I could not install bbpress iForum but it makes a couple of days I try in vain: s here is the link: http://www.iphoneblogshop.com/iforum/bb-admin/install.php otherwise the link of my forum is bbpress http://www.iphoneblogshop.com/forum What should I do? uninstall and reinstall bbpress finally I understand my mistake: s Please help me! if my site is www.iphoneblogshop.com

bias

I forgot, I lost the email you sent me when I bought iForum my mail is jeanpierrebias@yahoo.fr so I do not know if there has been development days could explain this www.iphoneblogshop.com

cmunns

Did you follow the video tutorial for installation, it seems like your config file is just not correct. It not be matching correct Auth Keys etc.