Sign in to follow this  
heshiro

Image size in excerpt differs from image size in post.

heshiro

Basically my image link in my excerpt is 700 pixels wide. But when I use the same image in the post it's smaller and doesn't line up properly with the sidebar like in the default posts page. Website is www.monster-theory.com Click on on any post and you can see how the image in the excerpt is bigger than the same picture in the post itself. Any ideas on why this is happening?

cmunns

This is because the image on the main blog page is overflowing past the content area width where it is not in the single page. You can try to fix using some css like this: .img { max-width: 670px; }

heshiro

No, I don't think that's it. If it was in fact overflowing, then the image would be cropped on the right hand side. In comparing the images on both pages to the original JPEG, the images are cropped the exact same way, as such, there is no overflow. What it appears is that the content area in the post itself is restricted to somehwere around 715 pixels. The reason I think this is because I took screen captures of both images - i.e. on the homepage and on the posts page itself - and pasted them into photoshop. The image on the homepage is approximately 763 x 422 while the image on the post itself is approximately 715x 422...

Kate

I went to take a look again, but it appears the image was taken out.