Sign in to follow this  
rachaelm

Moving the Sidebar up alongside Features/Banners/Boxes on specific pages

rachaelm

I have not found something on the forums so far that works do what I am looking for. I want to have the sidebars move up beside the features and boxes and banners on my home page and any other page where I am using them. I do not want the sidebars moving above the site when where I am not using features/boxes/banners. Which CSS should be used to shorten the width of the features/box/banners? I have used several variations and it doesn't seem to be doing what I want. What CSS should I use to move up the sidebars on those pages with features/boxes/banners but not other pages? Thanks!

kastelic

It takes quite a bit of custom CSS to do this, including a lot of page-specific CSS. In my opinion its not really worth it, but if you really have to do it, I would hire someone to do it for you because it can be pretty complicated.

Rob

Jimmy, I've seen that reply about the complexity of this so often, yet none of the regulars have ever said what the process is or posted the specific instructions. Do you think someone could actually make something that we could follow, step by step as many people dislike the full width feature slider and would prefer one that is limited to the width of the main content. As complex as this is, clearly written instructions could help some of us actually follow them and achieve our goals. Saying it's complex and suggesting hiring a programmer does not achieve much. - Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur