Sign in to follow this  
blu330ciracer

Featured Area - Any recommendations? Why is this happening?

blu330ciracer

Hello forum members, I have been messing around with the featured area and I just learned to crop a picture so that I can show the part of the picture that I want. But Now I am wondering why one picture is pasted on top of the other (obstructing about 15% of the picture under it.) This happens when I add a picture to feature media image area that is displayed in the EDIT POST PAGE. When I go to the Feature design style and when I upload a picture to the feature media image section - it is on top of the feature background Image. Any thoughts why this is happening? I am also wondering why the text in the featured area is not a clickable link. I have recent posts set to the featured area but, none of the text is clickable?

catrina

The image you added in "Edit Post Page" is probably overlapping the feature background image is intended to be on top... unless there's something off about it that's causing an eye sore. Can you post a link to your site so I can see?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

blu330ciracer

Okay thank your for your help catrina, I am still struggling with this feature issue and its been about 5 days. As you can see in my website - I just have a test picture up right now, and I have no idea what to put in the universal sidebar either except maybe a banner. Please let me know if you have any ideas for my universal sidebar and the featured area. THe link to my website is www.flirtingwithcollegegirls.com Thank you so much to anyone that helps me with this feature issue, I cant move onto other things until I get this featured area right.

kastelic

Try cropping your image to 660x330 and reuploading it.

blu330ciracer

OK I just opened a picture in PREVIEW on my mac, its the default photo editing software that I use. But When I recropped the picture I did not see where it allows me to change the dimensions to 660x330. Could someone tell me how I go about changing the dimensions and when I do crop the picture with the box around the area that I want - is there a way to know what the dimensions are while I crop the picture with the box? Thanks

catrina

When you draw the marquee around an area of an image that you want to crop, there should be dimensions provided for the area that you're cropping. This is the case for Preview on my Mac. Are they not showing up for you?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

blu330ciracer

No i am not seeing the dimensions show up when I crop the image, is there somewhere I need to look in particular. The only time i see the dimensions is when I right click on the image and select "info" to get the details on the image.

blu330ciracer

OKay I went to tools in Preview and I think i found out how to change the image dimensions by going to tools and adjust size. But when I go to the Fit Into box and select other. I cant seem to get it to 660 x 330 because it isnt listed as default and I dont know what width and height to select in inches that would be the equivalent of 660 x 330. Can anyone help me with this?

kastelic

You will want to use the Crop tool, not adjust size.