Sign in to follow this  
Keith Vaugh

Latest post page

Keith Vaugh

Hi folks Probably a simple answer but were can I configure the latest post page? THis is the front page for my site and I need to do some tweaks, i.e. am using Custom Post Background plugin and need to specify a background image for this particular page. As its the main landing page it is not appearing in the pages sec ion of wordpress. Thanks in advance

Keith Vaugh

Anyone advise?

nbenson

So you're looking to have your main page a static page and your blog located somewhere else. You need to go into Settings->Reading within wordpress. On the top is an option for front page settings you can make your static page one of your created pages and your posts page can be placed into another page (blog for example).

Keith Vaugh

Thats not want I want I have my posts page as the first page. This is what I want and need (unless there is another way to have the last post appear on a page). I need to be able to control the background of this page which I cannot do. The Custom Post Background provides an option to edit the background for each page, however because the main post page is not listed in the pages, this option is not available.

catrina

You can use CSS instead of Custom Post Background to add a custom background to that page. Can you please post a link to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Please add this code to your Custom CSS:

body.home.blog {background-image: url('http://URLFORBACKGROUNDIMAGE');}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Keith Vaugh

Thanks again Catrina Almost there now. I have the image centred on the page, but it is repeating itself underneath. How can I add a solid colour under the image?

Keith Vaugh

Think I got it now, but would like to have a black colour behind the image instead of white (the the browser window is stretched out) Thanks

catrina

Is the way it's repeating now the way you want? There are other parameters for determining how the image is displayed, but if you're okay with the way it looks, then we don't have to add those parameters. To add the solid color, please replace the code about with this code instead:

body.home.blog {background-image: url('http://URLFORBACKGROUNDIMAGE'); background-color: #YOURCOLOR;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Keith Vaugh

Your a star. Thanks so much. I can now enjoy my saturday evening . Have a good weekend. :)