Sign in to follow this  
taxguycpa

sections for homepage only

taxguycpa

www.cafetax.com I am looking for some hooks or selectors in the custom code that will allow me to only show items on the home page so I don't have to go back through all my blog posts and deselect the sections manually in the "edit post" area. For example, I may want to do boxes / soapboxes or a banner / highlight on the main page, but not have it on the rest of the pages.. Thanks

catrina

I don't think there is a hook that makes it possible. Do you simply want a shortcut to changing your post options?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

taxguycpa

To my knowledge, you create a template and you can have the different options like a content sidebar or say, universal sidebar. If you didn't want that to appear on your blog posts, you would have to deselect it while writing or editing that post. I don't want to have to go through 130 posts and it would be nice to not have to do it on every other post. So I guess thats yes and no. I want the template home page to be different than the blog pages, just like I want the category pages to be different.

catrina

CSS and using the blog post ID numbers can be used to hide the content you want to hide, but that will take awhile, too.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

taxguycpa

So nothing in the code separates the main page from a content page?

kastelic

In Template Setup under Advanced Options on any given section you can check "hide by default". Then you have to go to the post or page you want to show it on and in "Pagelines Meta Settings" click "show [section]".