Sign in to follow this  
blu330ciracer

I dont know what to do with the featured area

blu330ciracer

Hello Forum members, I am having trouble learning how to design the featured area of my website (on top). For now, most of my website design is finished but the featured area is still default which is making my site look very unrelevant. I do not know how to remove the featured area or if I should at all, and I have 4 posts so far and I was thinking that maybe I could feature each of those 4 posts on the feature bar, HOWEVER I dont know how to have those posts featured on the feature bar. I was also thinking that maybe I would put a youtube video in the featured area - but I dont know how to add a youtube video into the featured area through Platform Pro. I would appreciate any help!!! Thank you. Also, how would I go about putting a youtube video or article link with a picture in the morefoot area of my website. (Text Widget maybe?)

kastelic

The featured area will appear when you make a page with the Featured template, or if you have the Feature section active in the Default page or Posts page templates in Template setup (or in any template really, but this is why you see it on your homepage.) If you go to PlatformPro Settings -> Feature Settings you can set your default Feature Set or set it to draw from a posts category. Under Features -> Feature Sets you can make a new set which is just a category. Under Features -> Add New Feature is where you would add a feature. Read all the options carefully to make sure you have them set correctly.

blu330ciracer

Thank you so much for the help.... Now I've been loading pictures into the featured area but for some reason all my pictures are very zoomed in. So much so that it only shows about 20% of the actual picture that I uploaded. Can you tell me how I can make it so that the pictures are not zooming in so much. An example of what I mean is I upload a picture of 6 people standing in front of 10 huge palm trees and the picture only shows the top of 1 palm tree and excludes the rest of the people and the rest of the trees that should also be in that image.

kastelic

What is the size of your image that you are uploading? Try cropping it to 1000 x 330 and then setting it as the Background Image of your feature.

weltraumaffe

Short Question from me: i'm also in trouble with the feature bar. How can i change the sitze of the feature?! under the platformpro settings -> features i changed the Feature Area Height to 200, but it doesnt get changed... still 330px shown

blu330ciracer

The size of the photo that I am trying to use is 52 kb and up to 3 megabytes. The dimensions are 360 x 240 and it is a jpg image too. I am not very familiar with cropping an image and setting it to 1000 x 330 - could you please tell me how I would go about doing that with a picture. Hopefully I can get the pictures sized correctly in the feature section once I learn how to crop and change dimensions.