Sign in to follow this  
ntvalente

Sidebar, animation gifs

ntvalente

Hi, Is there anyway to put an animated gif with a link to other website in the sidebars (widgets)? I use nextgen in the widgets, it shows only the first pic but it's not animated. Thanks! Nuno

cmunns

You can put any HTML into the normal Text Widget...I'd use that for some animated gif code

ntvalente
Hi cmunns and thanks for your answer. the problem is that I know very little about html. how can I convert an animated gif to html language? is there any program to do it, i work with mac osx lyon system. Thanks

Rob
You'd do the exact same thing with animated gifs as any other type of image. Some Description This presumes you've uploaded the image to your media files. If you need to make it linkable, BEFORE that, you'll add and after the /> above, you'll append Altogether Some Description Again, this format goes into a text widget that's dropped in a sidebar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ntvalente
Thanks, I've found out that if I upload an image to a new post then change the tab from Visual to HTML I just need to copy it, paste wherever and delete that new post. This is faster to add link, description, etc Thank you rangeone

Rob
My pleasure. Please click the "Thanks" button if you don't mind.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur