Sign in to follow this  
pulaskifop

How do I set my Home page as a Post style?

pulaskifop

I'm trying to figure out how to set my home page as a blog style page where I can post daily updates (displaying three at a time. I do not have a Post Pages option in my Template options on the Add New Pages page. All other pages will be 'static', but the homepage should be a listing of 'What's New' and 'Current'. Note: I tried setting the Home page to look at a Post page under Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays but again I do not have the option to select Post Pages. Additionally, I setting it to my Latest Posts but the posts always display in their full content instead of as an excerpt. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

cmunns

The default installation of WordPress gives you a blog home page with excerpts...I'm not sure how you ahve gotten otherwise..what's the link to your site?

pulaskifop

Our home page is a standard text page vs. posts. Another volunteer set it up so not sure if something custom was done. I've tried setting up a new page - Add New Pages but again, it's a text style, not a blog/post style. I don't understand why the Post style page is not available in the Template drop down. I thought this would be the answer.

diezel23

Under your menu tab in the dashboard there is a "custom link" which will add a new menu item to your selected menu if filled in. In the URL input box type - "index.php" and in the label box type - "home". this will now create a new home button that will direct you to your main page containing the post excerpts. Hope this helps