Sign in to follow this  
dharmagate

Youtube video embedded in Features with iframe causes overlay/pop-up on home page in Chrome

dharmagate

Sorry for double posting this, I thought accepting a response meant that you're allowing that comment not that it marked the issue as resolved. Oops. Anyway, here again is my unresolved issue. Here is what the issue looks like: http://springgunpress.com/error.PNG I can't send a URL to the live site (remixthebook.com) without sending an access key via email. The title really describes it all. Using iframe embed code for youtube videos, put into the HTML section of the Features meta settings. In Google Chrome (tested and fine with Firefox and IE don't have Safari) only, and only sometimes, a random one of the embedded videos pops up over the top left hand side of the screen over the rest of the content. I have a screenshot of it but it doesn't look like I can put it in here. Please help! Thanks!

catrina

I have a screenshot of it but it doesn't look like I can put it in here. Can you upload it to imgur and post the direct link here?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Can you send me a message on the forum with access to the website so I can take look at it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dharmagate

Just sent! Thanks so much.

dharmagate

So update: it looks like we had the blindx effect on there. We took it off and it seems to be fixed. I did like the blindx effect though so still willing to hear a better solution..thanks!

catrina

What happens when you select any other transition effect in the drop down list?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dharmagate

Most of them work with no incident but as luck would have it, the other one we wanted as an alternative (slide left) also made this happen. We launch the site tomorrow so I guess we will just turn off the effects until this is resolved. Thanks again.

dharmagate

Also, did you get the access key I sent?

catrina

I did, thanks. I've never come across an issue with the effects. Which version of Platform are you using?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dharmagate

Actually it just happened with the effects disabled too. It's only in Chrome and only sometimes. Happens more often when you hit refresh or the home link to navigate to the home page. Pagelines 1.41 according to our theme page.

dharmagate

Sorry just found out that 1.4.2 is the version of the platform base, platform pro is 1.5.2

dharmagate

Is there an escalated support number we can call or talk to someone live? Sorry it's been helpful but we've been going back and forth for a little while now. Please let me know and we can give you our contact info. Another feature problem we found: Only in Chrome does the following happen: click on a YouTube video in the slider. Let it play. Click on another thumbnail and the YouTube video still plays (you can hear the audio in the background). You can even play another YouTube video in the slider and you still hear the audio from the first one you played and and if you click back to that page the video is still playing as if you never left it. In the other browsers, as soon as you click on a different thumbnail, the first YouTube stops playing.

dharmagate

update: problem seems to go away when widgets are removed...

zvelena
I also have this problem. I'm going to just remove the video...

leischa
I have the same problem with Chrome, see www.unitescotland.org - YouTube videos pop up and block the screen. Can some one please fix it as it ruins what is otherwise a good, clean site.

scottwgraves
The problem is obviously a compatibility issue between the Pagelines template and Chrome. So what was the solution?

scottwgraves
What is the solution to this problem? Is White House Pro simply not compatible with Chrome?

otherdangers
I have the same issue. Currently, have PlatformPro 1.5.3. Please, give us solution.

Danny
Try disabling all your active plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't please reply here.

Please search our forums, before posting!