Sign in to follow this  
cshawsub

The best dimension size for the featured slider?

cshawsub

What is it? Does it automatically cut or scale images?

catrina

It automatically scales the images when you upload them in the feature settings.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cshawsub
Understood. But if I want to crop it myself, what is the ideal size?

Jenny
I can't really provide a general answer since it all depends on the width of your content. Here is what I did. (And I'm sure it isn't ideal but it worked.) After I got my blog dimensions the way I wanted them, I then activated the default feature and viewed the image properties for one of the images in the feature. It usually states original dimensions and scaled dimensions. The scaled dimensions are what you're going to use if you want to crop an image yourself.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

toollibrary
Hi there, We have changed the dimensions of the feature-slider on our websites homepage (www.vancouvertoollibrary.com), through custom css. However now when we upload an image, the image is not scaled correctly. Here is our css: .home #feature_slider{width:615px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-675px;} Is there another way to accommodate to our desired width, while maintaining a quick and simple way to upload photo's and have them scaled properly?? Thanks, Chris

Jenny
Hi @toollibrary. This topic is 7 months old and "resolved". If you have a question, you should search for an answer first, and if you don't find it, then start a new topic. Responding to old topics like this one (which is already resolved) don't usually get answered because the system shows them as resolved. Please post your question in the PlatformPro forum and someone will get with you asap.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.