Sign in to follow this  
barroca

upgrade to iblog 4?

barroca

Hi One month ago I buy iblogpro Today I see Pagelines release a new iblogpro. I will receive this update? How I can upgrade my iblog3? * where is the changelog? all the best joao barroca

Andrew

Give us a day to fix some localization issues, and tomorrow we'll be sending out an email about it. Depending on when you bought, there may be an upgrade cost from v3 to v4 (this is what helps fund ongoing development.) The cutoff is one month.

barroca

Hi Arpowers I already send the email with transactions ID [iblogpro and forum] I buy theme in march 8, and forum in same date. But tell me how much cost this upgrade and how I can pay it. Thanks in advance joao barroca

cmunns

Were working on the email right now that will have the details. Stay tuned.

barroca

Hello cmunns I receive your reply and already buy the upgrade Thank you * little question: ipblog foruns is the same ? or pagelines make a upgrade too?

Andrew

forum addon should work fine with iBp 4 :D

dtraub

Is there a detailed changelog or version comparison? I've done a fair amount of customization to my iblogpro3 and want to see what the changes are before I decide if I want to go through the customizing of the new version.

tela

Is there a way to copy over the theme options settings from iblogpro3.5.5 to iblogpro4? I'd like to make the upgrade but I have a lot of customizations that are time consuming to implement. Any advice you have is much appreciated! Thank you, Tela

rick0731

I also would like to see exactly what is changed from version 3 as well as how much editing will need to be done with all the customizations already done. Thanks!

tela

I just upgraded and most of my theme options transferred over seamlessly - I just needed to make a few modifications to my widget placement due to all the new and really cool widgetized areas - what a great theme! Thank you.

rick0731

Tela... thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what is new and why it makes sense to upgrade? Thanks

luiggipr

im having problems upgrading from 3. to 4. .. my screen goest white after upgrading.. any hints? rebajasiquieres.com

changenow

Is the Caroussel page now able to show post-thumbs? Or still only flickr images? Would be reeeelly great to have a detailled list of what is now in comparison to iblog 3! ;-) Greetings and keep up the good job! :-) Andr?©

tela

Rick, Some of the new features I notice so far:

1. Added widget areas such as additional footer widgets, widget box directly beneath page/post content, etc
  2. Ability to use fonts outside of the 10 or so "web-safe" fonts via Cufon
  3. More options for customizing each page/post (widget display control, thumbnail images, etc)
  4. Front page slides can now navigate using buttons with numbers, names of slides or thumbnail images
Overall it looks like the biggest reason to upgrade is if you want more widgetized areas and control over what displays in the sidebars and footers for each page.

rick0731

Tela... thanks for the update. Sounds good to me! Did you have to add back images or videos after you updated or did they survive the change. My website (www.rickfulton.com) is working fine and I'm just not sure I want to risk the upgrade. I have had some buggy issues with the home page in the past, so not sure if the upgrade will fix that or make it worse!

tela

Images and videos were preserved. However I do notice a bug with the feature slider. It seems to add in a couple of blank slides with no option to delete them. I have a support request pending. I'll let you know what the resolve is.