Sign in to follow this  
copypro

How do I add an opt in box to the sidebar on all pages?

copypro

I want to add an opt-in box, below the boxes on top and to the right of the main body text on all pages of my site at www.powercurvemedia.com. How do I do that?

cmunns

Would you just add a sidebar widget? and an appropriate e-mail marketing plugin

copypro

Thank you very much for your response, but I'm not sure I understand your answer... Yes, I would plug in a web form from Infusionsoft, if you are familiar with that email marketing system. But, why would I need a widget - doesn't Platform Pro have a built-in way to do that?

Stefan

Infusionsoft will output a HTML code that can be then pasted in a Text widget to be shown in the sidebar. Widgets are the way WordPress handles sidebar content. But since the form might look distorted this way, I suggest the following plugin as it does it all for you (and includes sidebar integration via a new widget it creates automatically): http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-infusionsoft/

copypro

Yes thanks Stefan, that seems to work, looks like a good widget, better than the one I had n there, excellent recommendation! http://screencast.com/t/Ws8cZDHiv However, the other part of what I'm trying to figure out is how do I get the sidebar to show up in my pages? (see www.powercurvemedia.com)

catrina

Do you want it to show in all pages? What settings does the plugin come with?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

copypro

For now I'd like to show it in all pages, but with the option of building other pages later without it. Where would I find which settings it comes with?

Kate

So the widget is already in the sidebar, you just want to be able to display the sidebar on your pages? Is that correct?

bonngean

Inside your individual pages: Make sure you're not working with a FULLWIDTH LAYOUT. No sidebar will show on these pages. (See example): OnyzS.png If you want to include a sidebar on your pages, remove the fullwidth layout that's selected and replace it with any of the options in the same drop down box. Examples: One sidebar on right. One sidebar on left. Two sidebars on right. Two sidebars on left. Two sidebars, one on each side.

bonngean

To answer your second question: "How do I add a right sidebar with just that web form individually to each page? " STEP #1; Add your mailing list form into a text widget: xY5LH.png STEP #2: Add that text widget to your primary sidebar: 0QLeu.png STEP 3: Go to the page you created and change the General Page Setup to One Sidebar on right: 8QcMH.png Good luck!

copypro

Also, for some reason the web form doesn't seem to be working - when you fill it out and hit submit, it just sits there and starts loading, but doesn't go anywhere - any idea why that might be? See www.powercurvemedia.com - home page opt in form

bonngean

@copypro, Your web form was getting cut off because it was wider than the width of your sidebar area. Change the width of your sign up form to be less than the width of that column area and you'll be fine. Ah ha.. went to your website (with the link) and see that your form width has been fixed already. To test your web form, I signed up and got this response on the screen:

FREE 60-Minute Marketing Audit

We just sent you an email with a link to confirm your email
	address. If you don't click the link, we'll continue to email
	you,  but we can't guarantee that the emails will get through.

Then I'll contact you soon to arrange your free audit.

Thanks for your interest.  I look forward to speaking with
	you!

- Mike

Click here for more great tips at
	http://www.PowerCurveMedia.com

So, it worked for me. However, I am still waiting for the confirmation email to arrive. :) How long does it generally take to arrive and more importantly, do you see my name added to your mailing list?

copypro

Hey Bonnie Gean, you should have the email by now - you caught me in mid-construction - sorry for the delay! And thanks for pointing that out!