Sign in to follow this  
liamoshea

Changing the menu

liamoshea

Hi, I just have some (hopefully simple) questions regarding the use of platform pro 1. Is it possible to reposition the primary navigation menu into a sidebar? 2. Is it possible to use an image for a menu title instead of text? 3. How do I link the user registration page to a menu item? Thanks in advance, Liam

Sourena

1. Yes. It is something you can do in any WordPress website. 2. No. But there are plugins that might do something similar to what you want: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-menu-images/ You can also created a menu in the sidebar by placing a bunch of images there and link them to where you want. 3. Check these plugins for more info on creating a registration page: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=register+page&sort=

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

liamoshea

Hi Sourenaa, Thanks for your comments and suggestons of plugins. Regarding point 1), how do you reposition the primary navigation menu for the platform pro template? In the menu options I cannot select the secondary sidebar for my site as the location for the platform pro primary navigation menu item. Perhaps you could clarify ? Thanks, Liam

Kate

Hi Liam, First, if you want to create a menu in a widgetized area, simply drag the "Menu" widget over to the widget area, and select which menu you'd like to show there from the dropdown (this is all on Appearance->Widgets). Second, for images: you can use CSS to set the backgrounds of the nav items.