Sign in to follow this  
thegamescene

Borders around content, sidebar, & boxes?

thegamescene

I would like to be able to add borders around things like the content area and sidebar widgets. Not a big border but borders around each specific widget or box. It really makes the design look cleaner and I would like to know how to do this. Essentially, it would look like boxes with information inside them.

catrina

Here's sample CSS you can use to add a border around a widget inside a secondary sidebar:

#sidebar_secondary div.widget-pad {border: 1px solid #COLOR;}

This code can be added to PageLines Settings > Custom Code > CSS. More styling parameters can be added to improve/alter the appearance of the widget. If you post a link to your website, I can give you a more specific example that you can edit an use.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thegamescene

thegamescene.net Thanks for helping!

kastelic

Use Firebug to target the specific elements that you want to add a border to. Be careful, because adding a border will make the element wider and may cause some elements to drop down or extend out of their container. You can use "outline" instead which doesn't affect the width. Here's another example:

.fbox{
	outline:1px solid #999;
	}