Sign in to follow this  
genkeeper

How to add a menu bar above my header image????

genkeeper

Hi, I'm trying to add a menu bar above my header image. How do I do this? I could really use some help with this! I don't mind building it with code. I just need some clues on how to do this. Here's my site: http://www.archaeoadventures.com Thanks!!

genkeeper

Hey CMUNNS, So I read and followed the instructions and it still didn't quite work. There's nothing in the function.php file. When I loaded the code into the header.php it crashed the site. I then loaded the code into the Platform Pro Setting -> Custom Code -> Header Scripts. This is the code I've been trying to add: //add_action('hook_name', 'function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_primary_nav_About', 'About'); //function name function About();{?>

<?php wp_nav_menu( array('menu' => 'Project Nav' )); ?>
<?php } // end function So far the site looks like this: http://www.archaeoadventures.com Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hi, What I understand from your question is that you want the main navigation on the top of the header image, right? That is VERY EASY with PlatformPro and does not require any coding. Go into your PlatformPro options panel and choose Template Setup. Once there, choose Site Header, and drag and drop the elements of the Site Header. You can achieve what you want just by dragging Navigation to the top of Site Branding. This should do it. And you still have the option of keeping the secondary Navigation under the heading image. And to configure each one of the menus you need to use the Wordpress Menus feature, and that is the one you have been guided to go to above. There you have to create your Main Menu and your secondary Menu, and all other Menus you may want to have on sidebars, etc.

genkeeper

Thanks ruthtoledoaltschuler for the suggestion. What I'm looking to do is add a 3rd menu above my header/site branding space. That 3rd menu would have About Me, Contact Me, and links to two other websites. Have suggestions on how I can add a 3rd menu above the header or take one of the footer menus and add it above the menu? I don't mind building it with html code, I just couldn't figure out the right code and where to put it as my previous response indicated. I really appreciate the help everyone, keep throwing ideas my way!