Sign in to follow this  
davecfm

Edit Comment/Reply location

davecfm    10
davecfm

Hello, I'd like to have the "leave a comment" show at the end of my post, under the images, and on the post page. With multiple posts on one page, I feel it needs the division in-between posts. Also, is there a way to add the share/like/etc. bar on the post page? Ideally, the post page would resemble the single post page with the full "Leave a reply" section and share bar. Thanks, Dave

• Like 1

cmunns    16
cmunns

I don't believe comments can be left on the main posts page, or at least not by default so you wouldn't be able to do this.

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

Oh OK. But is it possible to at least move the "leave a comment" below the posting and add a little padding between seperate posts?

• Like 1

cmunns    16
cmunns

sure it's possible. You may even be able to just use this shortcode for the bottom of your posts [post_comments]

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

Hmm...where would I copy that short code to? comments.php? PHP scares me. :/

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

I pasted the shortcode into the individual post, but I still have the one up above. How would I get rid of it? Ideally my comment section would look like this: http://www.sevenspoons.net/ Maybe there's a plug-in or widget for that? Thanks

• Like 1

Kate    3
Kate

Hi Dave, I'm not seeing the comments call above the post. Did you get this figured out?

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

Hi Kate, No I never did get this figured out. I created a separate question after it was listed as "answered" by my own (2nd) reply. Dave

• Like 1

catrina    103
catrina

To clarify, do you want the comments section of the post to look like this?: http://www.sevenspoons.net/blog/2011/7/15/kinfolk-magazine-issue-one.html ...or do you want to mimic the appearance of the bottom comments/author section located at the bottom of the posts?

• Like 1

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davecfm    10
davecfm

Hi Catrina, I'd like to have the abbreviated comments below the post as if you went directly to www.sevenspoons.net. The comments would be expanded once it is clicked/selected. I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author. Is any of this possible? Thanks

• Like 1

catrina    103
catrina

Here is a plugin for collapsing and expanding comments: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/collapsible-comments/

I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author.
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what this means. Can you please explain further?
  • Like 1

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

davecfm    10
davecfm

Catrina, Looks like the plug-in authors website is gone. I downloaded anyway and couldn't get it to work. Oh well. "I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author." If I add a comment section below each post, I would need to get rid of the default "comment" above each post so as not to double up. Thanks, Dave

• Like 1

kastelic    6
kastelic

can we see a link to your site, you can probably just hide the default comments with css

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

Hello, Sorry, www.farekitchen.com

• Like 1

catrina    103
catrina

Just to clarify once more (sorry!), are you referring to the "Leave A Comment" link that is displayed below the post title when I visit a single post? Do you want that to be removed?

• Like 1

Designer | Catrina Dulay

davecfm    10
davecfm

Yes. And also the "leave a comment" on the main blog page. But I would only want to remove it if I could add the entire comment/reply box found at the bottom of each single post page, to the main page. Hope thats clear. Thanks

• Like 1

kastelic    6
kastelic

To hide it at the top: .metabar .post-comments {display:none} And to add it at the bottom, paste this into functions.php:

//add comment link at bottom of posts on posts page when using Full Post Content:
	add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','comments');
	function comments(){
		?>

<?php } [/code]

• Like 1

davecfm    10
davecfm

That worked perfectly. The more I do this, the more I enjoy. I'll have to thumb through the PHP book I picked up from the library. Cool, Thanks. Dave

• Like 1

lilixoana    1
lilixoana

Ok i am glad that worked but How do you avoid this from showing up on your pages? I just want it under posts. Can anyone help with that. I tried putting it in my my hook editor under pagelines_loop_after_post_content which worked but i do not want it to show in my pages.

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

lilixoana

This topic is over 2 years old, if you have an issue can you please create a new topic. As we do not even know what PageLines product you're using.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!