ruthtoledoaltschuler

Branding image with no padding

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hello everyone, Thank you all so much for the great support. I have been finding everything I need just by searching previous Q&A! Yesterday I tried to eliminate the white space on this site I am working on, and even when I created an image wide enough to fit the whole space, there was still white space on the left that I could not eliminate. I tried with Firebug, but could not find the part of the code that would really change this. From previous search on support offered by you, I tried: #branding .content-pad { padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; } But this still kept my header image slightly misaligned towards the right: http://www.ngkglobalcoaching.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Screen-shot-2011-07-26-at-7.58.04-AM.png'>http://www.ngkglobalcoaching.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Screen-shot-2011-07-26-at-7.58.04-AM.png Right now I placed a smaller image just so it is centralized again, and I will really appreciate help you can offer me. Here is the link to the site, still in draft mode: http://www.ngkglobalcoaching.com.br/ Thank you!! Ruth

Danny

Add this to Pagelines Settings >> Custom Code. #branding { background: url("URL to your new header image") no-repeat scroll 0 0 #3BBEAE !important; height: 182px; margin: 0 auto; width: 980px; } Edit: that actually didnt work 100% Make your branding image width 980px instead of the 960px is it currently. Then the above code is all that should be needed.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hi Danny, Thank you so much for the initial help. Yes, I have resized the image to 980 pixels, uploaded it and got the URL into the code as you suggested. I have done the above, and now what happens is the image header that I have to place in the Pagelines Global options (that is still there) is in the background, and the new one I uploaded is on top of it. If I remove the header image from Global Options, then I have the site branding in black on top. I imagine I can make that transparent if needed. But part of the branding image is now behind the navigation bar... Is there a way to do this by placing the image through Global Options instead of uploading it?

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Hi Danny, Thank you again, I worked a little more on it, and I think basically I need to program the CSS to show the default type branding as transparent. Do you have that easily at hand? Thank you VERY VERY much! Ruth

ruthtoledoaltschuler

More on the above: I added this to make the Title transparent h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a, a.site-title, .entry-title a, .entry-title a:hover, .widget-title a:hover, h3.widget-title a:hover { color: #000000; } And now I am trying to find the code for site description to do the same

hi everybody, I guess I have the same problem as Ruth, a brand header with zero padding and zero margin.

I tryed to drop the code Danny suggests in > pagelines settings/custome code/head scripts

after customizing for my site. image height is 120 pixel and width is 1120.

I mean the following code:

#branding { background: url("URL to your new header image")

no-repeat scroll 0 0 #3BBEAE !important; height: 182px; margin: 0 auto; width: 980px; } 

But, when saving and pubblishing it:

(1) the header still has got white spaces around

and (2) the code lines are shown on line, just above the header, on home page

About point 1, I guess I should add "margin=0;". Right?

For as nr 2, how can I fix it?

thanks a lot, have a nice day,

Ciao from rome.

walter