Sign in to follow this  
Keith Vaugh

Custom Backgrounds

Keith Vaugh

Hi Folks I have a number of problems all somewhat related. 1> I want to have different background images on my site therefore installed Custom Post Backgrounds. I have tried each of the three settings in the design mode and none of them work (ideally I want to us the Fixed Width Design Framework). I keep getting the page background colour extending all the way to the edges and hiding the image. see here (note the image is appearing in the footer) Site_new.jpg 2> Related to above, how can set the page background colour to transparent? 3> likewise the Body Background colour to transparent? 4> Is there a method that could be used for multiple background images on various pages apart from the custom post backgrounds plug in.

Kate

Hi Keith, Just type "transparent" in the Design Control settings (for body and page backgrounds). I think that should take care of 1-3. As for #4: Just normal CSS. Each page has a dynamically added ID (that's added as a class) to the body tag. You can use that to specify background colors for elements of that page only. For instance:

.page-id-3 #page{background-color:transparent !important;}

Keith Vaugh

Thanks Katie, its always the simple things!